optimize the life and reliability of your chain saw, it's important to
service it regularly. Here are a few points that will help you bring
order to your product service.
the throttle trigger for smooth operation. If any binding occurs, or if
engine fails to return to idle, the saw should be taken to your dealer
before it is used again. Also, be sure that the trigger cannot be
pulled until the throttle trigger lockout is depressed.
the chain brake and check its function according to the instructions.
Make sure that the chain catcher is undamaged. Otherwise replace it
- Clean or replace the air filter as necessary. Check for damage or holes.
bar should be turned daily for more even wear. Check the lubrication
hole in the bar, to be sure it is not clogged. Clean the bar groove, if
the bar has a sprocket tip, this should be lubricated.
- Check the function of the oiler to be sure the bar and chain receive proper lubrication.
- Sharpen the chain and check its tension and condition. Check the drive sprocket for wear. Replace if necessary.
- Check the starter and starter cord for wear or damage. Clean the air intake slots on the starter housing.
- Check for any loose nuts and screws and retighten if necessary.
- Test the stop switch to be sure it shuts off the engine.
- Check the cooling system of a saw fitted with a catalytic converter.